Happy Wednesday everyone! This week is cruisin’ by for me. I thought I’d share a few reads that I’ve stumbled across from a few of my favorite blogs as well as some of my other current reads.
- Jess from The Golden Girl Blog shared this post at the beginning of the year and I completely agree with everything said in this post. Good read for re-evaluating how you network!
- Jenna Kutcher always has a good read whether it be on her blog or Insta. I can’t get enough of what she has to say and share day in and day out. This Insta post is a great companion to this blog post from Danielle Moss (co-creator of The Everygirl!)
I thought to myself, “Self, you get to go on vacation, what do all the cool kids do before they go on vacation?” Ten minutes later I’ve gathered every “cool” item in sight and I’m on my tip toes making sure every little line is straight, every item is cute, and that the white card stock is pristine and bright on top of my dog hair covered office floors… I mean, let’s be honest: life isn’t like this. But it’s way easy to get caught up in this stuff. We see what everyone else is doing and whether we recognize it or not, we all start to follow the herd. It’s not a bad thing, not at all, but when we trick ourselves into believing that people’s lives are as staged and perfect and white and bright as what we see – that becomes the problem. Stop comparing your lives to strangers on the internet! Packing for vacation doesn’t look like this, life doesn’t look like this, this isn’t reality for you or for me. My office is a disaster (as seen in my insta story), I doubt I’ll bring that hat along, and I will probably only pack yoga pants… but as I took this photo, I laughed because even though I really love all the things in it, social media makes us do ridiculously crazy things sometimes. #realtalk What do you struggle with most on social media?
- If you don’t know already, I am Chip and Jojo-aholic! Their first book, The Magnolia Story, will be available in October but you can pre-order your copy today, like me! Joanna shared this peek into their second fixer upper home…now I’m even MORE excited to read the book.
- My People StyleWatch Fall Fashion magazine came earlier this week! So of course I’m flipping through that, deciding what needs to be added to my closet!
- Last but not least, I am currently reading The Lake House by Kate Morton for my book club that we started at work. Definitely a page-turner! I will admit that it was a bit confusing in the first chapter but trust me, don’t give up on this one! All I’ll say is there is a missing child, an abandoned house and unsolved mysteries.